It’s always the snack you’re most looking forward to that ends up being moldy when you open the fridge to grab it. Always. That slice of leftover pizza or chunk of cheese you’ve been thinking about all day? We’ve all been there. What separates us is how we choose to deal with it. Personally, I toss anything that has even the slightest hint of mold, but not everyone errs on the side of caution. Some people don’t mind the risk and just cut off the green or fuzzy parts and eat the rest.
But Is Eating Around Moldy Food Really Safe?
The answer depends on both the type of food and what’s growing… more